Cablecure iDMDB is an enhanced formulation of the legacy DMDB fluid that includes Novinium’s patented DDBSA catalyst. The DDBSA catalyst increases the performance of the fluid by delivering more active ingredients faster and holding more fluid in the cable insulation longer than previous DMDB formulations. The fluid’s low vapor pressure and low viscosity make it ideally suited for the Unsustained Pressure Rejuvenation (UPR) of large diameter cables where high temperature cycling and long distances between injection points are anticipated.
Advantages of Cablecure iDMDB
- Extends the life of solid-dielectric power cables by protecting the insulation against water-tree growth for up to 20 years
- An improved, patented catalyst technology increases the long-term performance of the fluid
- Low viscosity makes it ideally suited for legacy-style injections following the UPR process
- With a flash point of 79C, Cablecure iDMDB is not flammable per OSHA or DOT regulations
- Low vapor pressure makes it ideally suited for large diameter cables where high temperature cycling is expected