Extending Power Cable Life an Additional 40 Years
by Richard K. Brinton & Glen J. Bertini
For more than 20 years, cable rejuvenation has been used at electric utilities to extend power cable life. Most cable rejuvenation has been carried out in residential subdivisions. However, with the latest improvements in injection fluids, industrial customers are beginning to adopt cable rejuvenation for chemical, industrial, and power plants as an insurance policy against power cable failures. For about one-half the cost of replacement, power cable life can be extended up to 40 years.
- Cable life extension mechanisms
- What is cable rejuvenation?
- What problems does cable rejuvenation solve?
- How are cable injected?
- Case studies in industrial settings
- Reducing your carbon footprint
Please enter your information below to view this content.