Uncompleted Journey: Cable Rejuvenation at 32
On Thursday, February 15, 2018, Glen Bertini conducted a Training Webinar for the CEATI Distribution Line Asset Managers (DLAM) group on the topic of “Uncompleted Journey: Cable Rejuvenation at 32”.
Abstract: Cable Rejuvenation was conceived and first offered commercially over three decades ago. This webinar starts with a brief history of those first thirty years with a focus on the lessons learned, delves into the current state-of-the-art, and speculates on how this technology is likely to continue to evolve. Along the way we will discuss the wealth of laboratory and field data used to guide the technological development. We will consider the wide variety of cable constructions and conditions:
- Small conductor sizes to large conductor sizes;
- Polyethylene-based polymers to ethylene-propylene based rubbers;
- Short cable lengths typical in underground residential distribution to cables that are kilometers long and lay in deep marine environments;
- Low voltage secondary cables to medium voltage to transmission voltage;
- Bare concentric neutral to jacketed.
Please enter your information below to view this content on demand.